Thursday, April 20, 2017

Priapus and Rain Fall | Ward Schumaker at Jack Fischer Gallery














Ward Schumaker
priapus and rainfall

recent paintings
opening reception: Saturday, April 22, 4 - 6 p.m.
311 Potrero, San Francisco, CA.
April 22 - June 10, 2017
























priapus and rainfall

I am brother and sister,
hunter and hunted,
always hard, forever soft,
rising steel, escaping breath:
one-two-three, one-two-three.

Outside it is raining.
I rise from my pillow, smash my head through the wall:
I will be one-hundred more people before I die!

____________________________
Other events: In July my work will appear in Luminous Animals, a group show curated by Nashville's Zeitgeist Gallery at Atlanta's Whitespace Gallery; opening party, 30 June. My hand-painted book, Respite | Markandeya, is on view at San Francisco's Legion of Honor thru 02 July. The show, entitled Letter and Image: Inspired Alphabets, includes work by Le Corbusier, Léger, Oldenburg, Goncharova, Kurt Schwitters and Russell Maret.

No comments:

Post a Comment